How do I check out a laptop?
- Laptops are Dell Latitude 3410 with 8 GB RAM running Windows 10 Home
- Only available for currently enrolled CSUMB students—one laptop only per student.
- You'll need to set up your laptop. For help, see Setting Up Your Dell Library Loaner Computer
- Visit the Student Technology Resources page for support on downloading free and discounted software.
Instructions to Check Out:
- Come to the library and ask for a laptop at the first floor Circulation Desk
OR to request a laptop online:
- Go to the library catalog record
- Click "Sign in"
- Enter Otter ID and password
- Click "request"
- Select locker pick up or mail option
During normal semester hours, CSUMB Information Technology Help Desk is available. Please see the article, Remote Support, for more information.
If you currently have a SurfaceGo that you borrowed from the Dean of Students you will need to exchange it. You can return the SurfaceGo to Sand Hall when you pick up the laptop. If you prefer just to keep the SurfaceGo and not get a laptop that is ok too, but students should not have both.